Relax – Refocus – Replenish
You are sitting with closed eyes, enjoying the cold air. You are concentrating on your breath and you are feeling, how the sun’s rays slowly warm your face. You are blinking with your eyes and recognizing the outline of a large building. You can feel how special this place is. You are opening your eyes completely and the Taj Mahal – one of the 7 wonders of the world – shines in front of you in all its dignity. You are noticing how you have gained strength through the meditation that just passed and you are feeling ready to start the new day. You are getting up and take in the environment around you. The exotic smells, the sounds. It’s Christmas and your adventure in India begins…
Yoga & Explore– 2 weeks just for you, your wanderlust and your health
Join our journey into an exotic country including a relaxing Yoga Retreat. Get to know the traditional yoga in its country of origin, escape the stress of Christmas at home and enjoy time just for you. Do something good for yourself and your health and don’t worry if English isn’t your mother tongue – a multilingual team (English / German / Hindi) will accompany you from the moment you arrive in Delhi at the airport until the end of the program. You do not have to worry about anything, you can completely immerse yourself in this fantastic, colorful country. If you want to get inspired, watch this video on our Facebook page.
We stay in a basic accommodation, so that we can focus on ourselves and the retreat. Yoga beginners are as welcome as practitioners – this program is about relaxation from our daily life, about focusing on ourselves and about the possibility to do “something different” to celebrate Christmas and New Year’s Eve.
The program is organized by us, the “Satyam Vedic Yoga School” in Rishikesh. Our school focuses on true (satyam) and traditional (vedic) yoga and would like to share this knowledge with you. Our teachers have many years of practical experience combined with scientific knowledge of yoga. To make the course easier to understand and overcome linguistic barriers, a German simultaneous translation is offered. This translation is being offered by a student of the Satyam Vedic Yoga School, who herself is a yoga teacher in Germany, but did her yoga teacher degree in India. So the mutual understanding – language wise as well as cultural – is guaranteed.
What exactly is the schedule of the program?
21.12.19 Meet in Delhi (shuttle service from the airport will be offered by us)
22.12.19 Explore Delhi
23.12.19 Travel to Agra by train
24.12.19 Sunrise X-mas meditation at Taj Mahal (afternoon: travel to Rishikesh by minibus / taxi)
25.12.19 Start of our Yoga Retreat in Rishikesh, the world capital of Yoga
31.12.19 New Years Fire Ritual (Pooja)
01.01.20 End of the Yoga Retreat
02.01.20 Travel back to Delhi
What is offered during the Yoga Retreat?
- Classes from Monday until Saturday – Sunday is off to explore Rishikesh
- Morning and afternoon Hatha Yoga classes
- Pranayama and Meditation practice
- Yogic cleansing exercises (Jala Neti, etc.)
- Healthy, sattvic food (3x per day)
- Henna and Indian Dancing lessons
- Ayurvedic massage on request (extra cost about 20€ for 60 minutes)
- Excursion to the lovely Kunjapuri temple
- Participation on Ganga Aarti
Who can participate in Yoga & Explore?
- Anyone, who would like to celebrate Christmas and New Year’s Eve in a different way
- Anyone, who has ever wanted to go to India and perhaps does not dare to do it alone
- Anyone, who is interested in yoga or has always wanted to know what true and traditional yoga is
- Anyone, who might find such programs exciting, but would not participate because of the language barrier
- Anyone, who is willing to immerse themselves in a very special culture
- Anyone, who wants to relax in a small, personal travel and retreat group (maximum 8 people)
- Anyone, who just feels “this is perfect for me”
What are the costs?
For accommodation in a private room 1050 €* per person
For accommodation in a shared room 945 €* per person
Prices include accommodation, food, program during retreat (if not mentioned otherwise in the text above) and transfers within India.
* Special offer: get 10% off your booking, if you book until the 30th of June 2019 (reduced costs: private room 850€; shared room 765€)
Please keep in mind: flights from and to your home country as well as the costs for the visa are not included in the price. Expenses for souvenirs, personal needs, etc. have also to be covered by yourself.
How does the registration for Yoga & Explore work?
Registrations are possible until 31.10.19 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Limited spaces only! We want to provide you a personal experience, that’s why we are allowing a maximum of 8 people in our group.
Please note: with your registration, a non-refundable reservation fee of 250€ will be charged. We need this registration fee to reserve rooms, prepare the retreat, etc.
How can I pay?
Please pay the deposit via paypal (details will be shared after your email booking), the remaining balance can be paid either by paypal or by cash on the day of arrival.
I have more questions to Yoga & Explore, who can I ask?
Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com for any questions you may have. Questions can be answered in English, German and Hindi, so feel free to contact us in your preferred language.